South West London
MATCHESFASHION.COM is the global luxury-shopping destination for men and women, bringing together a modern edit of over 400 established and emerging designers. Experience MATCHESFASHION.COM online, in its London stores and at No.23, our private-shopping townhouse. With over 25 years in luxury fashion, we deliver to over 190 countries and offer 24/7 advice through MyStylist, our dedicated fashion-concierge team.
We are seeking a talented and enthusiastic Photography Manger to oversee the team of skilled in-house Photographer.
You will be responsible for ensuring the team work to efficiently deliver high quality product images to deadline and live to the site every week. You must have previous senior photography experience, and be able to understand and demonstrate a strong knowledge of photography production, as well as be confident in managing a developing team. You must also have an exceptional eye for detail as well as a commercial mind. A level of editorial experience I also required across both model and stills.
• PROVIDE leadership to the photography team, to develop skills, inspire and motivate in a high-pressured environment
• WORK with all members of the senior production team to ensure the shoot process runs smoothly and to deadline
• BE the central point of contact for all photography queries
• MONITOR and improve processes and guidelines, to improve both quality and workflow
• TO monitor team performance, carrying out regular individual performance reviews, ensuring all team members are skilled across ecommerce and editorial projects
• TAKE the lead in any additional team training required
• CHALLENGE the team’s productivity whilst improving quality standards
• SUPPORT the international Pre-shoot process across London, Milan and Paris – Managing the process for the photography team, ensuring the high-pressured trips are managed effectively, and images produced match the high quality standards set in-house
Duties & Responsibilities
• CHECK work lists to ensure deadlines are met and any query products captioned in stuffiest time of deadline
• MANAGE the review process for Photographers to identify areas of improvement
• PERFORM quality control on all images; identify and action any necessary reshoots
• PROVIDE guidance, advice and training on set for members of the Photography team. An ability to resolve technical issues
• LEAD and deliver notices in a weekly photography meeting
• OVEREE special business projects
• WORK alongside with the Studio Manger to recruit and retain talent, as well as building a sufficient freelance base to support business growth
• MANAGE and priorities work lists to deadlines, to ensure daily targets are met
• TO work alongside Retouch Manger to ensure image quality is consistent and high quality at all times, ensuring regular lighting and both teams approve set checks
• To WORK with Studio manger on business projects and future developments
• Significant proven experience in leading a team, in a high volume, high quality ecommerce environment
• Solid experience in managing a workflow within ecommerce production, and the processes within this
• Expert working knowledge of Capture 1, Phocus, and Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
• The ability to plan effectively in order to meet tight deadlines
• Experience in motivating others to achieve targets set
• Excellent communication and people management skills
• A passion for striving for the best image detail and quality
• The ability to adapt and evolve to change and growth with a team
From the moment you join our team we aspire to make your employment experience an engaging and memorable one.
If you are energetic, hardworking and thrive in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, then please apply with a CV and covering letter stating your salary details and notice period.