AOP, Holborn Studios
£30,000 pro rata
The Association of Photographers, the leading organisation representing commercial photographers, is looking to recruit an experienced Marketing Manager. Reporting to the General Manager the role will be responsible for: identifying, developing and achieving strategic marketing goals; communicating the AOP brand; social media activities; promoting the benefits of membership; marketing members and their work, and our training and events programme.
You will have previous experience of marketing practices and strategies within the arts or photography industry; excel in your knowledge of social media and digital marketing techniques; have excellent organisational and planning skills; and be competent in using email and social media software.
Salary circa £18,000 (£30,000 pro rata), 22.5 hours per week (37.5 pro rata) over 3-5 days. The role is based at our offices in Islington.
To apply please send a copy of your C.V. along with a supporting letter outlining your suitability for the post to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date Wednesday 1 April, interviews will be held mid April.
The role will enable the AOP to identify and achieve its strategic marketing goals, communicate its brand and promote the benefits of membership to the professional photography industry. It is seen that this role will also enable the Association to deliver a range of member services, promote members and their work and our extensive training and events programme.
Day to day
• Deliver AOP marketing objectives
• Coordinate the production of AOP printed and designed materials
• Manage and deliver social media activities
• Manage the production of a weekly member update
• Manage the production of a monthly nonmember newsletter
• Produce Press releases
• Develop and maintain the AOP website
• Manage related budgets
Strategies and planning
• To work alongside the General Manager and Board to identify strategic marketing goals and develop strategies to deliver these
• Research and analyse market trends, identify target markets and how best to reach them
• Plan marketing campaigns, including memberships and the AOP Photography Awards to area of the photographic industry
• Develop and implement a social media strategy to increase awareness within the Photographic industry, our follower numbers and engagement with the AOP
• Monitor and report on the effectiveness of strategies and campaigns to the General Manager and Board
It is expected that you will be educated to post graduate standard or equivalent; an excellent grasp of English and current marketing techniques is essential. A detailed understanding and knowledge of professional photography and the arts is desirable
Experience, Skills and Aptitudes
• Demonstrable previous experience in strategic marketing planning and delivery
• Extensive experience of social media and digital marketing techniques
• Excellent written English and oral communication skills for proof reading, drafting releases and for communicating with press, media and AOP partners
• Working with organisations individuals within the creative sector
• Success in achieving press and media coverage
• Excellent organisational and planning skills, particularly in managing time and tasks
• A keen eye for detail and the ability to produce high quality, accurate work in tight timescales with limited supervision
• Computer literate with at intermediate experience of the Microsoft suite of programmes, particularly MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint
• Experience of and technical awareness of design packages
• You must be able to demonstrate that you are competent in managing and integrating email marketing and social media software such as Hoot suite and Mail Chimp
The job may involve attending events, good advance notice will be given, and compensating time off is available.
Terms and Conditions
The job is based at the AOP offices at Holborn Studios, Eagle Wharf Road, London N1
Salary in the range of £18,000 (£30,000 pro rata) according to experience
Working hours: 22.5 hours per week, these hours can be taken across 5 or 3 days. The AOP office is normally operates between 9am – 6pm Monday to Friday, though some evening and weekend working will be required.
12 days holiday (20 pro rata) per year plus bank holidays and 3 other days over Christmas when the office is closed (total 23 days)