The Job in Brief:
You will be the only agency assistant at Darling Creative, supporting three agent / producers, and one Production manager. The role is varied, with responsibility from day one, so we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about the smallest to the largest task. That might be helping organise a shoot from start to finish overseen by the production manager, to booking a courier, to calling a client to get an appointment or checking the latest shoots are up on the website our social media.
Depending on the abilities you show you will be given more responsibility. You will be expected to work to a high standard of due diligence and commitment because you are genuinely interested in becoming a more senior agent or producer in a photographic or film production agency.
We expect applicants to be confident enough to work (once briefed) on managing parts of the organisation of a shoot, from supplier interaction to communicating and updating the producer or agent running the shoot. You will be expected to pick up the skills to constructively help plan shoots, making a difference to the artists and clients experience by keeping on top of any changes, and budget adjustments.
If you have experience in producing Fashion and/or Advertising stills shoots (with some moving image experience) this would be an advantage. If not, but you think you are someone who is used to getting on with things, being proactive and juggling everything and anything with a smile, then get in touch.
· An ability to empathise with the client and artists vision.
· Project management abilities, from scheduling, to checking pre and post-shoot timings and options, adapting to last minute requests or changes, budgeting and briefing any amendments to your teams and colleagues, ensuring timely execution to a high standard.
· Option and negotiate with suppliers, talent, DOPs, model agents, whilst keeping up to date with industry rates and strategically suggesting the best suppliers and creative teams to your colleagues.
· Oversee the standard and execution of the artists and suppliers work, understand and communicate the requirements of clients with the assistance of the production manager.
· Manage production margins, track spending with attention to details that could affect it.
· Accuracy in your briefing of any usage.
· Marketing our creatives to the right clients, project by project, via social media, or direct approaches to relevant clients.
Relationships, Client & Artist management
· Manage client, artist, and agent expectations, with the help of the production manager, and if instructed to by the production manager or agent, keep them updated on relevant aspects from team to estimate revisions if the brief or date is changed.
· Some or a good understanding of lighting, film, and photography techniques to bring the artists vision to life.
· Proactively support other members of the team in downtime.
· Culturally aware, inspiring ideas and solutions for the artists.
· Maintain a good knowledge of creative teams, whilst updating our directory of clients and suppliers, including client and artist specifications and preferences.
· Quickly become a trusted part of the team
Who are we:
Darling Creative was established in 2009 to represent new and established fashion and advertising photographers and directors who work across more than one discipline. We enjoy great relationships with our artists and clients, and a trusted easy to work with a reputation in the industry.
Preferably experience in a production company or photographic agency environment.
Budgeting and negotiation ability
No fear of multitasking across a high volume of productions
Strong written and verbal communication skills, no fear of the phone, we like to talk to our clients, artists, and suppliers.
The ability to prioritise and track, to be decisive and objective in your decision making, are all essential in the management of multiple projects.
Self-motivated member of the team, requiring little oversight and management as the internship progresses.
Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, Photoshop, happy to work on a Mac.
People who click with the rest of the team are usually resourceful and proactive, with a collaborative positive personality, ultimately a - 'I’ll find a way attitude' - which will mean you are one of the reasons clients return and colleagues will want to help you to attain your full potential whilst working with us.
You should have enough understanding and interest in the fashion and advertising industry that you will already have a degree of knowledge of the kind of clients we work with.
Strong organisational skills, accuracy, and ability to stay calm and persuasive under pressure, flexibility to adjust to changing priorities, naturally think ahead, troubleshooting potential problems and resolving them quickly.
A desire to add to the company culture that is supportive and positive, and an ambition to influence the direction and profitability of the company.
Please email your CV and cover letter to Kitty Wengraf, detailing why you would like to work for Darling, only applications by email to email@example.com with the subject line "Darling Creative 6 months" will be considered.