Kentish Town, London
Dependent on Experience
We’re looking for an Archive Manager to lead and nurture the Rankin Archive and to manage, preserve, ensure access to and promote the extensive use of image assets and documents from across The Full Service Group: Building strong departmental and external relationships with a focus on legacy building and supporting the high-end promotion of photographic and film work.
About Us –
The Full Service is Rankin’s new hybrid cultural company encompassing creative services, contract publishing, production, editorial verticals/platforms, and talent representation. We are a fast growing, thriving cultural community creating great short and long form content on an hourly basis.
We are a team of creatives, directors, photographers, researchers, strategists, producers and editors who collaborate with brands ranging from luxury to FMCG, charities, editorial platforms, beauty, fashion & automotive.
We help brands be culturally relevant through creative communication, campaigns, brand building & content creation.
We create work that is bold, brave & beautiful.
The Role -
• Managing the receipt and upload of all imagery and data on shoots into our digital archive system.
• Building and maintaining new filing structures for all assets as The Full Service Group expands.
• Maintaining and updating databases and digital archives for The Full Service, The Graft, Tonic & TrueBlack and other Full Service Group subsidiaries as required.
• Leading transition of information from current archiving system to new filing and databases.
• Liaising with clients to receive accurate information and design files for archiving.
• Responsible for the creation and oversight of relevant captions and keywords across the
archive in line with professional standards.
• Liaising with Production Department regarding release dates, model releases, contracts and
usage agreements. Updating usage information on digital archive accordingly. Supplying such information on request regarding copyright, third party rights, usage and approvals.
• Coordinating with Picture Desk Coordinator in regard to image syndication and project
promotion through social media, PR and online.
• Organising press clipping and building a Press and Social Media Mentions archive.
• Maintaining and proactively expanding Rankin’s reference library and tear sheet logs.
• Leading research projects to expand data held within digital databases via Rankin Physical
• Preserve, review, analyse and organise the archive of physical assets (including negatives,
transparencies, contact sheets, vintage magazines) through digitization adhering to professional archiving standards.
• Maintaining and creating logs and databases to professional filing standards.
• Providing administrative support for book and exhibition projects.
• Coordinating image releases and usage dates calendar.
• Gaining picture usage approvals from third parties when required.
• Support of Picture Desk Coordinator with external and internal image requests and supplying appropriate files whilst outlining allowed usage, when required.
• Lead and nurture the Photo Archive team through team meetings and one-on-one personal development.
• Regular reporting to Head of Books, Exhibitions & Archive.
• Organising workflows and project deadlines in a fast-paced creative office.
About You -
• Experience working with a digital archive and databases.
• Knowledge of correct handling procedures for physical assets (negatives etc.)
• Proficiency with full Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Excel.
• Strong communication skills.
• Efficient with the ability to plan ahead and work to tight deadlines and schedules.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to identify developments and suggest improvements to issues that may cause problems in the future.
• Qualification in archive management.
• Understanding of image usage rights, copyright and licensing agreements.
• An interest in photography & photographic mediums.
• Experience leading a team and managing other’s time and workflows.
To Apply -
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Your Name – Archive Manager’ in the subject field, attaching a CV, and brief cover letter that must address the above criteria.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note that we are unable to respond to every application due to the volume received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.