head of camera department
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual to manage the Camera Kitroom in one of the countries premiere rental facilities.
You will use your extensive technical knowledge and managerial skills to lead, manage and inspire the department to improved procedures, performance and results.
You will ensure your team achieves the highest standards of customer service and build on the industry leading reputation we have already secured.
With a state of the art camera test facility just about to launch this is a fantastic opportunity to join a flourishing company at a time of rapid growth and expansion.
The Head of Camera Department is a Full Time position.
Roles and responsibilities
• Overall responsibility for the quality of prep and de prep of high end camera rental kit
• Managing staff, shift rotas, time sheets, holiday timetabling
• Improving working practise to ensure the highest standards are passed onto clients
• Maintaining excellent relationships with clients both on the phone and in house, solving needs and offering professional and in depth solutions and advice
• Reporting any issues internally and externally
• Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a clear and professional manner
• Sharing technical knowledge and skills with junior members of staff
• Making recommendations for new procedures to benefit department, improve productivity and increase rental yield
• Logging and organising repair of damaged kit, monitoring levels, raising PO’s for new stock/rental equipment
• Advising on any new kit to be purchased and encouraging all staff members to contribute
• Striving to keep the department ahead of the technical curve by seeking out and educating on latest innovations, releases and must have accessories and kit.
• Leading with the implementation of training initiatives across the department
• Assisting with out of hours issues and customer service when required
Key competencies/skills required
• Excellent people and leadership skills with the ability to prioritise and take ownership of role.
• A can-do attitude with an ability to keep calm in an often highly pressurised environment.
• Extensive knowledge of and experience with motion picture cameras and equipment such as Wireless Follow Focus Systems, Arri Alexa, Red Epic, Sony F5/55,Canon C300 and C500, Motion camera and grip accessories is essential.
• A Knowledge of Stills cameras and digital backs.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical information to both colleagues and clients.
• Candidate must have strong computer skills in both MAC and PC
• Outstanding customer service, attention to detail and organizational skills.
Only successful applicants will be contacted due to high response